Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
We create all written content for the website, from long-form articles and programs to service and slideshows. We're composed of six categories — Health + Wellness, Lifestyle, Entertainment, News, Fashion, and Beauty — and we help shape and guide how Refinery29 and its impact can grow into those spaces, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, and discussion every day.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to motivate and inspire women through their own unique power, identity, and infinite potential. You have deep knowledge and/or interest in women’s storytelling and reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform and drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility and solutions in even the most challenging moments, and you have an innate desire to strive for excellence and progress, through your daily work and your attitude.
About the role:
We are in search of someone with an instinctual knack for cutting through the internet noise to deliver smart takes on all-things food, home, travel, weddings, work & money, and tech. You constantly have an ear to the ground on emerging trends, pop culture moments, and cultural conversations happening in and around the lifestyle space. A unique sense of humor is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Director to conceive and execute the most cutting-edge content across our lifestyle verticals: Food, Home, Travel, Weddings, Work & Money, and Tech — creating sharp programming that is voicey, stylish, shareable, and NEW
- Generate and execute 3-4 feature, service, or second day takes stories per week
- Top edit 3-5 stories per day from staff writers and freelance contributors
- Work with Director to ensure team meets monthly production and traffic goals
- Work closely with partnering brands to help strengthen relationships and create the most innovative brand work in the business
- Represent R29 at industry events, and applicable press trips
- Ensure that all Refinery29 content is size inclusive and racially diverse
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior judgement and discretion
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working on a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
Refinery29 is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.