Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
What you'll do:
- Assisting the photo/design team to source imagery for original, editorial content on a daily basis.
- Build and lay out visual and editorial content in the content management system, as well as archive and load visual editorial work into internal Digital Asset Management system.
- Assisting photo/design teams to ideate photoshoots and develop moodboards, as well as assisting in production.
- Assist the social media team on visual led platforms, such as Pinterest and Instagram.
- Contribute to the production of video content.
- Assist on photo and video shoots for both the Editorial and Branded Content teams
- Carry out general administrative duties
- Photography degree or equivalent qualification
- Must be able to do basic retouching, color correcting and layouts.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud products, Photoshop proficiency is essential. Illustrator and Keynote familiarity are a plus.
- Ability to work with moving image, video shooting and editing skills would be a plus.
- Strong, open, and positive communication style.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to a team effort but also to work independently using initiative.
- Strong desire to develop creatively and push the R29 visual brand forward.
For consideration, you must submit your CV and link to your online PORTFOLIO. Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.
Please note: This is a 3-month paid internship
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and commit to building an inclusive work environment and a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.