Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, https://www.refinery29.com/en-ca, https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb and https://www.refinery29.com/de-de for more information and to browse content.
About the role:
The VP of Research & Insights will be responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, and leveraging research and analytics to inform senior management, internal leadership and key clients of Refinery29. The VP is a group thought leader, and is passionately dedicated to growing our intelligence expertise. This leader will develop, guide, and implement a strategy that defines the right approach to measurement, analysis and decisioning to reach our own and our clients business goals.
As the leader of audience and research experts, you will work with team members to hone and evolve their skills to maintain Refinery29 as an industry-wide expert on young women. The role will leverage qualitative/quantitative research to make business decisions regarding our clients’ and our own marketing investments and competitive intelligence.
Who You Are:
A successful candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, can engage clients in insights, and can drive strategic thinking into client marketing solutions. You have a deep experience in media research and a passion for media, entertainment and consumer insights. You have a creative mind, coupled with analytical expertise that enables the delivery of highly creative work that is informed by deep quantitative insights.
The VP will spend time on site with clients to gain deep insight into business needs, becoming trusted partners and advisors to senior client executives. You are a connector of people, data and technology. This person will Reporting to the Chief Technology & Product Officer and will lead multiple functional teams including R29i, our sales research team, and the Insights & Analytics team that supports web publishing and social metrics.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What You’ll Do:
- Shape the global insights and research strategy and vision to determine Refinery29’s unique approach to help clients solve their business needs.
- Lead a best-in-class publishing analytics team supporting our internal content teams
- Lead the development of Refinery29’s data offerings and innovation approach.
- Play a key role in defining and executing Refinery’s “thought leadership” offerings as a leader in the young women’s marketing landscape
- Work with the CTPO to develop delivery capabilities, including including business intelligence, audience insights and research.
- Identify marketing science/data science research needs, and drive methodology enhancements.
- Identify opportunities to apply advanced analytics and data science, including predictive analytics, business intelligence and cognitive computing solutions to client problems.
- Build and develop powerful programming for R29 clients by guiding the best research approach through qualitative and quantitative consumer insights initiatives to provide expert guidance on brand performance.
- Have deep knowledge of and passion for the female millennial landscape.
- Provide expert counsel to both internal groups and external clients.
- Provide exceptional leadership, guidance and mentorship to the wider team.
What You Have:
- Experience including qualitative research, such as focus groups, in-depth interviews, and other qualitative methods.
- Experience leveraging advanced analytical techniques to build practical, data-driven solutions for improving business KPIs.
- Expert level knowledge of analytics platforms and other business intelligence tools.
- Strong management experience, including history of leading and growing multiple successful teams.
- Strong capability to work with multiple stakeholders and peers, and to adapt communication and management style to achieve overall collaboration.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail