Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
The Social Media Executive will work as part of the Audience Insights & Marketing team. Launching impactful social campaigns for our editorial work, maximizing audience reach whilst maintaining engagement. They will lead the channel innovation, strategy and benchmarking, working collaboratively to create successful audience-led content distribution across all social platforms.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power.
What you'll do:
- Lead strategy for all Refinery29 UK social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter
- Write platform aligned social copy to optimize content for the Refinery29 audience
- Responsibility for daily content scheduling across all active social media platforms
- Produce mission-driven social first content and projects
- Build an active and engaged audience on Instagram through curated imagery, captions and engagement
- Coordinate the design, production and deployment of social first visual and motion assets
- Analyze content performance using analytics tools (CrowdTangle, Google Analytics, Buzzsumo, Domo)
- Report on success, set benchmarks, identify trends and opportunities
- Provide strategic insight to the business on archetypes, best practice and story positioning
- Community management across all platforms, maintaining Refinery29 tone of voice and aligning to our mission
- Work with our Insights team, leading our social listening across platforms
- Support the editorial team on social best practice
- Be our go to expert on social media, keeping abreast of all industry news and updates across social platforms and their technologies that might affect performance
What you have:
- Experience working in social media
- Passion for digital marketing
- Goal orientated
- Motivated by a ‘test and learn’ working environment
- Experience of/ strong understanding of lifestyle media landscape
- Strong copyrighting skills
- Experience with Facebook For Developers an advantage
- Confident use of Google Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Photoshop/ illustrator knowledge advantageous
- Understanding and interest in the digital media landscape
To be successful here you are:
- The ideal candidate will be process orientated with the ability to juggle many tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and written and oral communications skills
- Confident working independently and productively as a member of a small department
- Passionate about R29, the brand mission and ethos
- Analytical mindset, results driven
- Keen eye for detail
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and commit to building an inclusive work environment and a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.