Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
- Work on various types of projects, including: branded content, editorial content, social content (branded and editorial), branding projects, and experiential.
- Assist Art Director or Senior Designer and execute excellent designs that translate the attitude and value of the R29 brand across all lines of business. Demonstrating ability to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Support the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Work enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively within the creative department as well as other departments within the company.
- Generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs to the satisfaction of lead. As well as work autonomously.
- Handle multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload and working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
- Present creative work with a strong ability to communicate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and connection to the brief.
- Stay current with contemporary design and technology trends.
- Create reusable assets and templates to facilitate and reduce production times.
- Work with the design and photo team to create and evolve style guides that set the stage for R29.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively, and proactively escalate conflicts with workloads. Ensure that internal deadlines, timetables and approval procedures are adhered to for assigned project phases.
- Work in a detail-oriented fashion by delivering projects according to initial specs and requirements.
What you have:
- Excellent Design skills, with a strong balance of identity, typography, layout, and illustration design skills
- Strong aesthetic skills with an eye for colors, fonts and layouts
- Passion and knowledge of current design trends
- Open, positive and collaborative communication style
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.,) (Keynote, Google Slides, Powerpoint familiarity is a plus).
- Strong desire to develop creatively and push the R29 visual brand forward
For consideration, you must submit your resume and link to your online portfolio. Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.