Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do: (D2D Responsibilities)
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer, Senior Advisor
- Provide some support to the entire ad sales team (prepping meetings, assisting with gifts, running errands, sending packages, etc.)
- Proactively manage professional calendars, prepping for meetings in advance and long-term calendar planning
- Manage meeting logistics including booking and prepping rooms, creating and preparing necessary materials, organizing catering, providing conference call details, taking notes, and welcoming external guests
- Coordinate international and domestic travel logistics including flight itineraries, hotel rates and reservations, car services, and international phone plans in accordance with personal travel preferences for CDO
- Meet with various team members to clarify specific requirements of projects (below), spearhead the process of each project to ensure that all parties are informed, on-target and updated at each milestone. Also, keep a tight and accurate client guest list to be share with the entire ad sales team, as well as the entire executive team.
- CES Conference
- PCPC Conference
- 29Rooms Pre-Party’s
- Newfronts Post-Party
- CEW Indie Beauty Conference
- Establish productive relationships with other assistants and R29 executives to work as collaboratively as possible
- Stakeholder for all R29 tentpole prospecting lists (29Rooms, Proactive Programming, Channel29, Canada Launch)
- Conduct competitive research for sales prospecting across category
- Ensure priorities are managed; daily and long-term requests are addressed
- Manage and submit monthly expense reports
- Conceive and organize internal events including happy hours, dinners, off-site meetings,
- Execute day-to-day administrative tasks including placing lunch orders, arranging deliveries, updating contacts, etc.
- Program and manage ongoing standing meetings including monthly Weekly Revenue Meeting, Bi-Weekly All Hands, etc.
- Manage an intern (Fall + Summer) - directs, coaches, listens, provide feedback, etc.
- Keep up to date tracking of our current advertisers to share with our editorial team to ensure clarity across departments
- Work directly with clients and brands to solidify client meetings, inform them of upcoming of R29’s events, and develop strong relationships
- Analyze bookings and pipeline to identify and maximize sales opportunities
- Work with finance to ensure revenue budget is on target for the fiscal year
- Positively contribute to R29’s culture of collaboration, scrappiness and creative problem solving providing white-glove service to the CDO and external/internal partners.
What you have: (What is the background/expertise you are looking for)
- Prior experience providing administrative support in a fast paced environment - bonus points for working at "rapid growth" companies!
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player
- Must be a highly organized and solutions-driven go-getter with ability to see the big picture and pay attention to detail, handle multiple priorities at once, manage time effectively, and maintain composure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent taste level as it relates to client engagement and experiences (food, decor, fashion, catering, hosting and entertaining invitation design)
- Superior judgment and discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote, Google Calendar, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Patient and adaptable to change