Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
We’re a small team with not-so-small goals. We’re weird, we’re loving, we’re funny & inclusive. We bring different perspectives and even more opinions to the table; if a topic is not yet relevant in Germany, we’ll make it relevant.
What makes you an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You have an inherent urge to elevate issues relevant to millennials and Gen Z youth across the globe and spread them to a German-speaking audience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Spot selected international content on our .UK and .COM sites, contextualize & translate it to make it relevant for a local audience
- Optimize & transcreate existing SEO-content
- Keep track of best performing content on a global level
- Establish guidelines for linguistic style learnings you gain from the transcreating process & share them with the editorial team
What you must have to be successful here:
- Written and spoken fluency in German & English
- Passion for words & cultural sensitivity for language
- Be up to date with pop culture, lifestyle & online/social media phenomena
- Appreciation for existing R29 content & interest in working your magic to make it relevant and understandable for the German-speaking audience
- Feel comfortable & confident working with a fast-paced team in an open office space
- No reservations to immerse yourself in topics that you’re not familiar with or issues that other media companies don’t dare talking about
- Aim to push boundaries through contemporary storytelling in an ever-changing environment
- Put the “creation“ in transcreation
What you can have to be successful here:
- Prior experience in SEO-writing is preferable
- Prior experience working in journalism or media is preferable, but not obligatory
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and commit to building an inclusive work environment and a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.