Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
About the Team:
Our Media Solutions group is responsible for leading pre-sale by crafting media plans, brainstorming marketing strategies, developing strong client relationships, and creating programs for key clients. This typically begins at the receipt of the RFP but can also include proactive outreach to new and preferred clients. Strategists are responsible for providing clients with spec sheets, placement details, and assest needs. Strategists are also responsible for routing paperwork internally and working closely with our Ad Operations, Finance and Legal departments to ensure all details of a sold program are communicated internally.
Media Solutions works closely with Sales, and our in-house product marketing teams to ensure each proposal is unique for our clients and more importantly, will support our mission to empower Millennial Women.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for building strategic marketing proposals and media plans for key fashion and lifestyle clients
- Brainstorming with sales, marketing and editorial teams to help structure campaigns that make sense based on the brand and R29's objectives
- Working with cross-functional groups internally to lead the proposal creation process - ensuring we are holding ourselves to deliver smart proposals that will deliver on our clients’ KPIs
- Helping sales and marketing to pitch decks for client meetings and formal RFPs
- Assisting sales and managers with managing client correspondence throughout the pre-sale process, especially as it pertains to specs, rates, assets required and our post-sale process.
- Help with transitioning sold-in campaigns to the Client Services team, ensuring all proposal details are clearly outlined
- Participate in trainings and roll out meetings to ensure you are aware of the latest product offerings available for our key beauty and fashion clients.
- Digest learnings from post-sale execution with key Fashion and Lifestyle clients and analyzing the campaign to gather strategic insights for future proposals
What you have:
- Experience as planner, account manager or similar digital role
- Experience in building digital media plans is required
- Passion for Marketing and improving how women are portrayed in media
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
To be successful here, you are already:
- A trusted teammate - your employees, peers, and co-workers value your ideas and contributions.
- Willingness to learn - you are passionate about building a career in marketing and are leaning in to attend trainings and work with Account Directors to develop your skills.
- Purpose-driven - Refinery29 is committed to supporting women in claiming their power in big and small ways. We are a purpose & mission-driven company and love people who have a passion to make a difference in their work.
- Self-starter - You have a vision for what needs to be done and you go about doing it and getting it done. You will not be micro-managed here. We’ll expect you to take full ownership of your area and your results.
- Open, collaborative and curious - this is an ever-changing company and we value people who listen and collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things.