Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
Refinery29 is looking for an enthusiastic Product Manager to build delightful, high-growth consumer products.
The Product team at Refinery29 works with pretty much every department in the company on a broad range of products: from the website, to our newsletters, to display ads and branded content, your work here will never feel repetitive!
We strive to be a diverse team and place great emphasis on respect, collaboration, and communication. We value knowledge sharing, creativity and a positive, can-do attitude. We think it’s exciting to build products whose impact reaches our audience, and to build tools that directly help our authors connect with our readers.
The Product Manager is expected to create and ship new products and features, from the idea stage to launch.
What Makes an R29er?
You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to motivate and inspire women through their own unique power, identity, and infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in women’s storytelling and reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform and drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility and solutions in even the most challenging moments, and you have an innate desire to strive for excellence and progress, through your daily work and your attitude.
What you'll do:
- Lead the ideation, development, launch, and analysis of user-centered experiments to solve high-impact use and business problems
- Partner with Sr Product Manager in defining and prioritizing the product roadmap with the overarching goals of increasing traffic and revenuePartner with external teams such as editorial, marketing, ad tech and sales to identify needs and opportunities to deliver the most value to users and our business
- Write detailed user stories and work closely with the engineering and design teams to deliver functional solutions according to a release schedule
- Define, communicate, test and track metrics for success.
- Create and maintain product documentation for internal and external users
Who you are:
- You are passionate about Refinery29’s mission to motivate and inspire women and are clued in to new developments in digital media
- You have a successful track record in product management experience, preferably for a large consumer audience, and understand how APIs, databases and pull requests work
- You're obsessed with data and know how to work with tools such as Google Analytics (if you know SQL, that's a plus!) to set and communicate shared goals, understand user behavior, and inform decisions
- You have a process to size business opportunities and have a scrappy attitude for getting impactful work done quickly
- You’re someone who tends to push the pace of innovation by moving fast and testing efficiently
- You have a proven record of holding team members and yourself accountable for initiated projects all the way from conception and execution to reporting and analysis
- You are able to achieve alignment through active stakeholder management
- You are enthusiastic and know how to motivate the team around a shared vision and goal
- Any previous experience with marketing, data or consumer research is a huge bonus.