Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to motivate and inspire women through their own unique power, identity, and infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in women’s storytelling and reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform and drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility and solutions in even the most challenging moments, and you have an innate desire to strive for excellence and progress, through your daily work and your attitude.
About the team:
The Branded Photo team creates branded content for Refinery29 in collaboration with outside Brand Partners. This team works to concept, produce and art direct photo assets that combine our brand partner's marketing objective and the Refinery29 mission and voice.
What you'll do:
Refinery29 is looking for an avid, detail oriented Photo Intern to contribute to a fast-paced Branded Photo department. This position will provide support specifically in the production and execution of Refinery29s branded content. The person in this role will be on set with our clients and thus must have a calm, mature, and tactful manner.
Update photo resource library, photograph Styling Sessions and prep Styling Session Keynote presentations and send contributors hi-res images and live links of final stories.
- Assist with location scouting and casting
- Creative moodboards from our monthly creative brainstorms
- Assist the Branded Photo team on production and execution for branded content photo shoots
- Source and purchase props for shoots
- Picking up brand products and making returns
- Daily administrative tasks
- Act as production assistant to Photo Editors on set
- Conduct photo research and optimize images for web
- Help manage monthly budgets, invoicing and expenses
- Maintaining and updated photo resource library
- Photograph and retouch original content that ranges from still-life to fashion for the Refinery29 social accounts
- Photograph Styling Sessions and prep Styling Session Keynote presentation
- Send contributors hi-res images and live links of final stories
What you have:
- You must have experience with on-location and studio photography
- You must have working knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Programs and Presentation software
- You must have organizational skills
To be successful here you are:
- Quick thinking and resourceful
- Positive and a team player
- Strong creative sensibility with keen eye
- Knowledgeable and interested in fashion, photography and advertising (with a desire to constantly evolve and elevate)
- Proactively seek out emerging talent
- Strong research skills and eye on industry trends
- Must be proficient in Photoshop and be able to do basic retouching, image sizing, color correcting and layouts
- Excellent communication skills and extremely organized
- Thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment while maintaining a proactive attitude
- A problem-solver in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader