Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
About the Team:
Our Integrated Marketing team is responsible for generating partnerships with our biggest and most strategic advertising partners. With the goal of functioning as the growth engine of our revenue, they also lend their marketing strategy expertise before the RFP by building critical client relationships, in partnership with Sales, with compelling category marketing insights for prospective clients.
This team will weave audience and consumer insights into compelling marketing platforms and custom content programs and will always have the answer for “Why Work With R29?”
They will partner with our Commercial Creative Group to lead Tier 3 & Tier 4 RFPs ($250K+) to ensure each proposal is unique for our clients and more importantly, will support our mission to empower women. In addition, this team will collaborate with the R29Intelligence Team to craft new proactive sales materials that promote Refinery29 and its offerings with refreshed insights and formats.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
- Assists in the creation of complex, custom strategic program packages for Beauty & Wellness accounts (examples: Revlon, Covergirl, Plan B, Clinique) marrying a brand’s marketing objectives with R29’s complex capabilities
- Supports Associate Director and Sales team in the Beauty & Wellness pod
- Works across departments in the development of proposals – departments include but are not limited to editorial, video, product, creative, production, sales, etc.
- Helps with transitioning sold-in campaigns to the post-sale Client Services team, ensuring all proposal details are clearly outlined
- Develops mastery of “storytelling” of a deal by cultivating R29’s unique value to the advertiser
- Assist the R29 Intelligence team in crafting new sales materials that effectively promote Refinery29 and any new offerings with refreshed insights, category language, and strategic packaging details
- Reports into and works directly with Associate Director of Marketing Strategy Director in assisting with building new products by category that can improve R29’s win rate, and helping to develop categorical “what good looks like” leanings for future deliverables and opportunities
What you have:
- Solid background in digital media, integrated marketing, account management, media planning, or relevant agency or publisher experience
- Experience building out creative ideas/platforms and pricing based on Client briefs and KPIs
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build consensus among various departments to align on new solutions and problem-solve in real-time
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft, Google, and Apple iWorks suites including Google slides, Keynote, Excel, etc.
To be successful here you:
- Are a trusted teammate - your employees, peers, and co-workers value your ideas and contributions
- Exhibit a willingness to learn - you are passionate about building a career in marketing and are leaning in to attend trainings and work with Account Directors to develop your skills
- Are purpose-driven - Refinery29 is committed to supporting women in claiming their power in big and small ways. We are a purpose & mission-driven company and love people who have a passion to make a difference in their work.
- Are a self-starter - you have a vision and can get it done. You will not be micro-managed here. We’ll expect you to take full ownership of your area and your results
- Are open, collaborative, and curious - this is an ever-changing company and we value people who listen and collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things