Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About The Role:
Refinery29 is seeking a creative, analytical candidate to join the editorial content strategy team. This person is knowledgeable of search optimization, data analysis, editorial best practices, Refinery29’s content and the media industry as a whole. S/he is responsible for executing strategies to increase SEO traffic, search visibility and keyword ranking for Refinery29.com, as well as finding and following trending topics for writers to report on. S/he is also responsible for implementing monthly strategies for their categories covering both evergreen and trending topics.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for SEO strategy experts across various verticals — fashion, beauty, work & money/tech, wellness, and news.
- Grow organic search traffic on refinery29.com through SEO best practices and content growth strategies
- Assist two editorial verticals to identify growth opportunities and prioritize high performing stories. Pitch trending content and optimize high priority stories daily.
- Create monthly strategy documents for evergreen and timely keywords and topics for two assigned verticals; create ad hoc pivots and solutions whenever needed
- Follow breaking news in your categories, you should be enough of an expert to pitch content that makes sense for your vertical in a way that captures user search
- Find new opportunities to maximize SERP for strategic topics/keywords
- Work with Content Strategy and Insights team to analyze and communicate metrics related to search traffic and keyword performance to the larger editorial team
- Candidate must be a team player who is enthusiastic, adaptable to change, very organized, and skilled at multitasking
- Someone with experience both in digital-writing or working with a digital editorial team and experience in data analysis and research.
- Understanding of editorial ethics, basic journalism and reporting skills, and current women’s issues
- Adept in technology and web applications (Excel, Parse.ly, SEMrush, Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools will be used frequently in this role)
- Affinity and knowledge in pop culture and women’s issues, as well as at least one of our core categories — fashion, beauty, entertainment, wellness, work & money/tech, lifestyle, news
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader