Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About the Team:
The Marketing & Insights team is responsible for audience development, social discovery, brand marketing and insights & analytics. Refinery29 has an exciting opportunity for an Audience Development Associate to join the marketing team. In this role you will play a key part in expanding Refinery29’s audience through creating and implementing plans that drive visitor growth through email acquisition efforts, newsletter strategy, partnership development and more. The ideal candidate will use creativity, data-driven insights, optimization, iteration and teamwork to drive towards defined KPIs and goals. This position reports to the Audience Development Manager.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of Refinery29 content and work with the Audience Development Manager to proactively identify growth opportunities and data-informed insights to editorial and product teams to guide strategy, formats and best practices across newsletters and partner distribution channels
- Monitor the overall health of the newsletter and distribution partnership program and provide regular reporting to the team
- Actively acquire new email users from multiple sources, monitor engagement & impact on newsletter’s health
- Partner with a cross-functional team on optimizing newsletter program
- Work with the Audience Development Manager to efficiently on-board new partners, manage existing ones and to ensure content is successfully delivered
What You Have:
- Experience in digital media preferably in an audience development, business development, email or partnerships role
- Strong understanding of content that resonates with women in beauty & fashion, news and entertainment
- Detail-oriented and possessing superior analytical, organizational, time management, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong conceptual and creative thinker – ability to push beyond specific requests and identify the business need in advance of execution
- Ability to quickly understand Refinery29’s company goals and identify areas for optimization
- Team player, collaborative style, excellent interpersonal skills and able to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Experience with web and social analytics (Google Analytics, Parse.ly or similar)
- Interested in marketing and fashion, love the thrill of working at a start-up, and be clued in to new developments in digital media