Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
About the Team:
The Marketing & Insights team is responsible for audience development, social discovery, brand marketing and insights & analytics. We have an exciting opportunity for an Audience Acquisition Associate to join the marketing team. Audience acquisition is the strategic distribution of Refinery29 content to an audience where they are most engaged, which is on social platforms. Integrated with all teams with the shared goal of sharing great content that resonates with our readers on the right platforms. Using predictive targeting, historical insights and benchmarks along with real time data, we’re able to match content with the appropriate audience.
Refinery29 is looking for an associate who loves social, is extremely analytical and obsessed with data and insights. This role will be pivotal in assisting the development of the distribution product and how we deliver content to millions of smart, stylish, creative readers each month.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What You'll Do:
- Create and manage turnkey campaigns on social platforms across editorial categories
- Monitor performance and budgets across larger campaigns and more complex client programs
- Create standard and custom reports that will fold into larger program wrap ups
- Analyze our branded content programs and identify trends and best practices
- Provide support to Manager and Director on various ad hoc initiatives and reports
- Monitor industry trends, strategies and best practices to inform new testing opportunities
What You Have:
- Experience studying in a quantitative field
- Entry level role; related digital or social internships preferred
- Hands on experience in the Facebook and Twitter platforms; knowledge of social landscape
- Ability to create and analyze reports using key metrics to drive overall social strategy
- Fluency in Excel, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience with web and social analytics (Google Analytics or similar)
- Organized and able to multitask efficiently
- Can work and communicate effectively with our writers, art team, executive team, and sales teams
- Interested in marketing and fashion, love the thrill of working at a start-up, and be clued in to new developments in social