Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
About the Team:
The Marketing & Insights team is responsible for audience development, social discovery, brand marketing and insights & analytics. The marketing team has an exciting opportunity for someone to work on our leading experiential event, 29Rooms.
29Rooms is an unforgettable journey through interactive artist-made spaces. Refinery29, partnering with IMG, collaborate with visionaries and brands in the fields of arts, activism, style, and technology to bring spaces that tap into the conversations of today and our hopes for tomorrow. Through multi-sensory installations, performances, and workshops, presenting attendees with a new way to connect with creativity, culture, and community. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to play a key role in developing the social media and marketing strategy as well as evolving the brand voice for 29Rooms across Refinery29’s social media channels. The ideal candidate is a content strategist who can engage people through creative, inspirational and visual storytelling.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What You'll Do:
- In conjunction with IMG, develop and maintain a strategic social media marketing & promotion plan and calendar
- Create the promotion plan for 29Rooms on Refinery29.com, in email and on Refinery29 social media channels
- Work closely with creative, events and marketing to ensure visuals and copywriting are on brand
- Be the liaison between IMG and internal distro channels for any cross-department collaboration
- Execute and publish content year-round including at times at on-site at events
- Maintain close view on trends within experiential events
- Leverage real-time analytics to inform content decisions
- Support ad hoc digital promotion needs
What You Have:
- You have social media experience, preferably in event experiential marketing
- Strong ability to develop creative, clear, and concise copy with an eye and instinct on what works on Instagram
- You are a fan of 29Rooms and its mission and able to translate our vibe and voice into storytelling
- Detail-oriented and possessing organizational, time management, problem solving and communication skills
- Team player, collaborative style, excellent interpersonal skills and able to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- If necessary, don’t mind being in front of the camera and enjoy being on-air talent
- Experience with social analytics a plus