Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About the Team:
Refinery29 is looking a Business Intelligence Engineer to help expand its analytics reporting platform. The ideal candidate will act as domain expert for any data flowing into DOMO and will provide guidance on how data is captured, where it is stored, and best practices around access. The administrator will also ensure that relevant and accurate data is available both on-demand via dashboards and as daily reports.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as domain expert for the DOMO environment with 200+ users supporting a 450+ person organization
- Complete regular system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Compile day to day reporting inside and/or outside of DOMO
- Lead standardization of reporting templates and guidelines
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and prioritization of new data requests
- Handle all administrative functions including management of reports and dashboards, integrations and other routine operations
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the DOMO skill set across Refinery29
- Act as the liaison between our users, vendors and corporate application and support teams
- Create and maintain user and administrator documentation as it pertains to Refinery29’s DOMO and larger analytics environment
- Manage Domo integrations with BigQuery and larger Google Analytics ecosystem
What You Have:
- Experience as a DOMO administrator
- Technical knowledge of Google Analytics with an emphasis on BigQuery
- Knowledge of various data platforms (MS SQL Server, MySQL etc...) and
how to query / extract data from them (SQL, JSON etc..)
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom reports and build integrations with other data analytics tools
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Exposure to large data sets
- Experience with CRM and ERP solutions (Salesforce and Netsuite preferred)
- Excellent communications skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally, to a variety of audiences
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment