Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, https://www.refinery29.com/en-ca, https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb and https://www.refinery29.com/de-de for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
The Audience Insights and Marketing team are committed to growing our O&O audience. Through advanced channel strategies and aligned goals the team is driven to work together to innovate. The team uses data driven decisions to inform their future testing strategies and thrives on being results orientated. It’s a fast-paced fun environment where art means science!
The SEO Strategist will work as part of the Audience Insights and Marketing team to maximize the volume of inbound organic search traffic to Refinery29, using both on-page and off-page techniques.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power.
What you'll do:
- Development of an organic search strategy for the UK and international markets
- Keep pace with industry developments, news and communicating any impactful changes and their implications to the wider team
- Defining metrics of success, measured goals and reporting
- Responsible for tracking and reporting success and learnings
- Using third party tools to analyze keyword opportunities
- To lead an evergreen content optimization strategy, process and execution
- To work with the editorial team on a trending news strategy based on our audience and keyword opportunity
- Driving best practice, support and training tools for editorial teams to optimize on-page content and metadata
- Develop and implement link building campaigns to build authority in keyword areas of interest
- Performing ongoing SEO analysis of site, working with product and engineering teams
- Performing ongoing keyword analysis on site, looking at both local markets and the impact from the US content
- Communication of successes to the wider team
- Drive an increase in Refinery29’s SERP with keyword clusters that align to brand
What you have:
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for content
- Experience with SEO and keyword tools (Sistrix, SERPSTAT, AHREFS, Google Search Console, Moz, SEMrush)
- Experience working with CMS, knowledge of UX, HTML/CSS
- High-level proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO
- Experience working with editorial content