Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life.
Check out our creative team’s work here: http://www.creative.r29.com/
Role and Responsibilities
- Function as primary designer on assigned projects managing the design from Kickoff meetings through conception, execution and delivery.
- Work on various types of projects, including: social content (branded and editorial) editorial content, branded content, branding projects, and experiential.
- Collaborate with Art Director and execute excellent designs that translate the attitude and value of the R29 brand across all lines of business. Demonstrating ability to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Work enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively within the creative department as well as other departments within the company.
- Generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs to the satisfaction of lead. As well as work autonomously.
- Handle multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload and working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
- Partner closely with social team to learn performance insights and iterate new concepts that are on brand while addressing learnings.
- Attend project kick-offs, brainstorms and conceptualize visual solutions that reflect Refinery29’s mission of being the catalyst for women to see, feel and claim their power.
- Translate creative strategy into a visual language that supports Refinery29’s mission and values. Possesses a commitment to nurture and embody inspiration and a desire to push the boundaries in design and maintain brand consistency throughout all projects.
- Present creative work with a strong ability to communicate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and connection to the brief.
- Stay current with contemporary design and technology trends
- Create reusable assets and templates to facilitate and reduce production times.
- Work with the design and photo team to create and evolve style guides that set the stage for R29.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively, and proactively escalate conflicts with workloads. Ensure that internal deadlines, timetables and approval procedures are adhered to for assigned project phases.
- Search for and develop a roster of social influencers who have a defined aesthetic and large following to collaborate with.
- Excellent Design skills, with a strong balance of identity, typography, layout, and illustration design skills and a high level of understanding of visual solutions for smaller portable screens.
- Experience designing social assets for lifestyle brands
- Strong aesthetic skills with an eye for colors, fonts and layouts
- Passion and knowledge of current design trends
- Open, positive and collaborative communication style
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Deep knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., InDesign) (Keynote and Powerpoint familiarity is a plus).
- Strong desire to develop creatively and push the R29 visual brand forward
For consideration, you must submit your resume and link to your online portfolio. Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.