Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de and www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to motivate and inspire women through their own unique power, identity, and infinite potential.
- You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in women’s storytelling and reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform and drive conversation & change.
- You ignite possibility and solutions in even the most challenging moments, and you have an innate desire to strive for excellence and progress, through your daily work and your attitude
About the role:
Refinery29 UK is looking for an exceptional editor to lead our fashion content. The successful candidate will work with the Content Director to shape and drive the tone of Refinery29’s UK fashion coverage. The candidate will be driven by a desire to create original content and find new ways of talking about and understanding fashion at every level of the industry, from stories about luxury brands and high street trends to independent labels. The right candidate must be able to plan, commission, write and edit intelligent, ground-breaking fashion features as well as manage the daily output of news, style and shopping stories. The candidate will have an unparalleled knowledge of the fashion industry and great contacts with influencers, writers, photographers, stylists and PRs. The fashion editor must be comfortable in front of a camera, appearing in videos and shoots.
What you’ll do:
- Conceive and produce exceptional, cutting-edge fashion content online, identifying and generating new engaging stories that are voicey and stylish on a daily basis
- Manage and plan content for the fashion team and freelance fashion contributors
- Review content performance daily / weekly, using GA, Chartbeat and internal tools
- Work with Managing Editor and Growth Team to ensure production and traffic goals are met
- Represent Refinery29 UK at fashion industry events and maintain outstanding relationships with key brands, PRs, creatives, writers, stylists and image-makers
- Work with the Content Director and Managing Editor to build out the monthly calendar
- Communicate and collaborate with the fashion team in R29’s New York offices
- Work closely with partnering brands to help create the most innovative brand work in the business
- Work with team to create and execute special projects and tentpole initiatives
What you have:
- Relevant experience in publishing or digital media, with a focus on fashion
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and Wordpress
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader