Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
The Audience Insights & Growth team is responsible for growing the R29 audience by applying rigorous strategy to our content production and distribution through data and analytics, as well as partnerships with other media brands.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
About the role:
The Analytics Manager is an integral part of the Audience Insights & Marketing team and will own the design and implementation of our digital analytics solutions, data mining and visualization tools. This critical role will work in partnership with analysts to translate content creators’ and marketers’ reporting needs into a measurement strategy, data collection requirements and powerful dashboards with the highest levels of data integrity.
What you’ll do:
- Design and maintain corresponding Google Analytics/GTM solution design requirements documentation for Refinery29’s owned and operated platforms, including websites, mobile apps, and connected devices
- Work closely with our data engineer(s) to seamlessly integrate clickstream data into our internal data platforms and insure desired outcomes are reflected in the technical implementation of first and third party tags
- Lead, validate, monitor and troubleshoot tagging and tracking issues, communicating status/next steps until resolution with all relevant stakeholders
- Identify and execute on opportunities to enhance the company’s data collection and business intelligence leveraging 3rd party APIs
- Understand, and be proactive in seeking, new & innovative solutions to solve business measurement challenges
- Manage the strategy and delivery of high-impact dashboards focusing on metrics that matter and democratization of data
- Develop forecasting models for planning and inventory management
What you have:
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics/GTM implementation best practices with hands-on practical experience managing complex implementations on websites, mobile applications, and OTT platforms in digital media!
- Experience with BigQuery required experience with DOMO preferred
- Hands-on experience dashboard development
- Strong conceptual/analytical/creative thinker – ability to push beyond specific requests and identify the business need in advance of execution
- Proficient in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc.)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment including the organizational skills required to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science or related field