Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Your primary focus will be driving forward research and development in support of the analytics and machine learning initiatives in the Elastic Stack. You will be analyzing Observability, Security and Enterprise search data sets, providing recommendations on analytical techniques suitable for such data, drawing insights from the data, developing new models and support training of models using features in the Stack.
What you will be doing
- Collect, analyse and produce insights from large datasets using the Elastic Stack and Jupyter notebooks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of data scientists, senior technical leads, and product management.
- Prototype and implement machine learning models using machine learning features in the Elastic Stack.
- Promote knowledge share and collaboration in a distributed team
- Working with the community on bugs and performance issues and assisting out support engineers with tougher customer issues.
What you will bring
- Strong understanding of data science fundamentals and data analysis techniques.
- Experience in analysing time series data/dev ops data such as logs, metrics, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in a data science/data analysis role and a track record of successfully driving insights from large volumes of data.
- Strong experience in Python, Pandas, and Jupyter notebook.
- Experience in AI/ML such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, etc.,
- Self motivated, collaborative style, open communicator, experience distributed
- Good attention to detail and highly organized
- Experience with Elastic Stack and solutions such as Security and Observability (including AIOps) is a bonus
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.