Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic
products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three
solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack
that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure
to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of
organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo
Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-
critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians
around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more
At Elastic we have been "distributed by design" from our earliest days and our
workplace philosophy and culture encourages and supports our Elasticians wherever
they decide their "office"; will be. We are evolving to an even more people-centric,
experience-focused team to help build and nurture deeper connections across our
global teams. As we continue to scale we are looking for a Director, Global Workplace
Experience to join our team to ensure that we drive an even stronger workplace
experience - both virtual and in-office.
- Partner closely across the HR function and within the Workplaces team to help
drive the evolution of our global "Elastic experience" mindset, both strategically
and tactically, in ways that bring together the people experience elements
between space / design, events, wellbeing and workplace services.
- Lead our workplace operations team, working with our regional leads and local
coordinators to deliver excellence in workplace operations with a globally
consistent but locally relevant approach
- Lead the digital roadmap for the function and consider how new tools &
technologies can support, accelerate and scale the delivery of improved
workplace & people experiences while dovetailing with existing platforms
(ServiceNow, Workday, Okta)
- Work closely with the business to understand and accommodate ongoing needs
of space as we scale regionally
- Support the COVID office reopening process, adhering to all local conditions, and
the ongoing application of COVID measures.
- Adopt and adjust flexible workplace services to support and foster high-growth
productive environments that benefit all employees
- Maintain an active awareness and understanding of global workplace trends and
innovations that will be key to keeping our workplace experience - virtual and in-
office - fresh and relevant
Experience & Qualities
- 8+ years progressive experience in a global workplace / facilities role with a focus
on employee experience.
- Empathic people leader and coach who has led globally diverse teams.
- We are still growing and implementing processes! So a strategic, critical problem
solver who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds is key
- Solid grasp of emerging physical and digital solutions in workplace & people
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels, influence behavior, and
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving, planning, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership capabilities
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business situations, comfortable working in high
growth, fast-paced environment
- Effective listener and communicator, able to influence actions and outcomes
- An ability to roll with the punches is definitely a plus, and sometimes a sense of
humor is key!
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.