Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
As a Director of Federal Services Delivery at Elastic, you will manage our Consulting and Training delivery teams to service our Americas customer base on billable projects. Our customers include various DoD entities, U.S. military, government agencies, and highly-classified projects working on some of the world's most interesting and complex search problems. Our Consulting and Training delivery teams assist our customers in the use of our products towards these efforts.
This is a customer-facing role, responsible for generating new business in the region, meeting financial targets, and building positive relationships both within Elastic and with our customers and partners. You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous, cross-functional team of services professionals, engineers, and salespeople while wearing many hats throughout your time at Elastic.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for delivery of professional services and development of new customer projects in the Americas Federal region
- Overseeing professional services management duties including hiring, team leadership, project scoping, P&L margin, and reporting
- Liaising closely with the Elastic sales, finance, legal and engineering teams to scope opportunities while assessing risks, questions, or concerns
- Accountability for hitting Services bookings and revenue targets within the America's Federal business
- Demonstrating strong customer-facing communications skills such as meeting presentation (video/audio conferencing and in-person), customer advocacy, partner development, and relationship building
- Utilizing strong organizational and analytical skills for managing a Professional Services Automation ("PSA") application, meeting business and utilization targets, and calendar management
- Excelling at consulting workflow including financial planning, business and legal negotiations, project oversight, and significant multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with high-quality expectations
- Leading highly distributed Consulting and Training team and partners, working with global customers across many time zones
- Innovating, presenting, mentoring, and documenting on consulting methodology and process
What You Bring Along:
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in relevant professional services, pre-sales, or software development functions
- Hands-on experience managing a dynamic group of Federal Services Managers and individual contributors
- Proven experience supporting Federal agencies and working within DoD ecosystem
- Experience executing on Services deliverables pertaining to revenue, quotas, and customer retention metrics
- Ability to excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to technology
- Ability to focus on people management initiatives related to career pathing/promotions, hiring/recruitment, change management
- Ability to communicate effectively in the technology domain of search, analytics, or related technologies
- Active Security Clearances - TS minimum, TS-SCI preferred
- Understanding of our technology space, including Elasticsearch, Linux, Java, software development, NoSQL, and/or databases
- Experience working as a billable consultant or project manager is valuable for empathy and understanding
- Passion for open-source technology and business model
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.