Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic is seeking a talented Golang engineer to join our Security Solutions team. You will have the opportunity to work with exceptional engineers on cutting edge technology and will build integrations for the world's most open cybersecurity offering. The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on a daily basis over GitHub, Zoom, and Slack.
We believe that engineering complex, pluggable software for the web that is built to last the test of time is both tricky and exciting. Doing so requires a team of diverse individuals, with sharp minds and the ability to empathize with our users, working together with mutual respect and a common mission.
We care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you're working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible throughout our organization. At Elastic, hierarchy does not determine how decisions get made. We feel that everyone needs to be in the position to comment on anything, regardless of their role within the company.
What you will be doing:
- Write and maintain high-quality Golang code.
- Work in a team to make it easier for our users to collect the security data they need
- Help maintain the Beats open source projects, including Filebeat, Auditbeat, Packetbeat, and Winlogbeat
- Apply your own experiences with the training and mentorship available to you at Elastic to create new integrations with different cloud services and network devices (e.g. collect firewall flows). This includes defining Elasticsearch processing pipelines and Kibana dashboards.
- Work with our support team to help customers and answer community questions.
What you bring along:
- Experience developing integrations with third party APIs or lower level system interfaces
- Some experience with system level programming and APIs, ideally in Golang.
- Interest and experience in automated testing, networking, Cloud.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
- Experience in the security/cybersecurity space
- Production experience with Elasticsearch
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.