Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
We are looking for a talented product designer who has experience designing visualizations. You have crafted elegant user experiences, worked with design systems, and collaborated with talented product managers and engineers. Come join our distributed team of creatives and help people to make sense of large amounts of data.
Please note that a portfolio is mandatory for consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
This is a distributed role to be located in one of our entity countries including (and in no particular order) USA, Canada, the Netherlands, UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Denmark, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Australia, or Singapore.
What you will be doing:
- Produce wireframes, prototypes, and specifications
- Work closely with developers and product managers to ensure that our user experience reflects our collective knowledge
- Understand the tradeoffs around data visualization, accessibility and aesthetic UI / visual design
- Leverage user testing and UX research to create data-driven solutions
- Iterate on interactive data visualization and exploration prototypes with developers
- Provide design feedback and usage guidelines for a variety of visualization types
- Guide the UX for building and configuring visualizations
What you bring along:
- Deep understanding of data visualization design principles
- Familiarity with some popular charting libraries
- Familiarity with data exploration interactions and approaches
- Ability to create elegant and cohesive solutions that solve business challenges and meet user needs
- Conversant in solving data visualization specific goals, eg. choice of color palettes or subtle aspects of data visualization
- Portfolio with examples of data visualizations and related user interfaces
- Experience with the typical product design suite: Figma, Sketch
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment. You are an organized self starter with strong communication skills. Being part of a distributed team requires proactive communication and sometimes even oversharing
- Prior experience working in the technology industry. You enjoy learning about new technologies and are able to collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers
- Knowledge about accessibility
- Familiarity with git and able to run an application locally
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends and adopt modern techniques as appropriate
- Experience with open source software
- Familiarity with or experience in visual analytics, eg. in a technical or business domain
- Familiarity with research on data visualization and data exploration
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.