Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
- Log Rhythm, Chronicle, Sentinel or similar SIEM Solutions
- Exabeam, Securonix
- Security Expertise from Data Sources we support will work as well. Nice have.
- Symantec, Broadcom, Palo Alto, FireEye
- Hands on SIEM Experience (Legacy or Next Gen Solutions see above) and
- understands pros and cons of most of these solutions
- Experience with technology solutions that most customers have made investments in over the last 5-10 years
- Understands what gets audited in these data sources in order to drive use cases and success criteria related to data source
- Understands how most security solutions integrate with SIEM and logging platforms
- Deploy and troubleshoot solutions based on Linux based network appliances
- Windows Authentication and Admin knowledge
- Active Directory/LDAP knowledge
- Behavioral Analytics and Machine Learning expertise and can speak to the added value of what anomaly detection could bring to their existing incident response process that may be tied to traditional correlation based alerting.
- Knowledge of Network and Security Solutions, DLP, IAM and other leading security products in most enterprise environments
- Cloud, SaaS, Hybrid Architecture experience can talk to the value of disparate deployment methodologies
- REST API, python, perl, shell, bash or other scripting/text processing, SQL, regex (nice to have)
- Can speak to integrations with 3rd party solutions that would leverage API’s or scripting
- Has core knowledge of SOAR, and 3rd Party Solutions that are leveraged today in Day to Day incident response
- 6 years + of successful network and security engineering experience
- Has a good understanding of the current threat landscape and the challenges that most organizations are facing
- Has knowledge of Red and Blue Team exercises and tools used (mimikatz, Metasploit,
- bloodhound etc...)
- Experience with network and security forensic analysis is a plus
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Network Analysis and Troubleshooting, Network
- Security and threat mitigation
- Experience with network & security architecture, and network & security operations
- SOC Operations background/experience.
- Identify and qualify technical opportunities independently
- Familiar with consultative selling principles
- Has performed discovery sessions with customers and capture deliverables to develop an engagement plan that outlines use cases that map to success criteria
- Has an understanding of the various roles within a security team and the additional stakeholders that impact decisions on technology investments
- Understands SOC Process and Procedures and has an understanding of workflow processes
- Has some insight into the challenges that security teams face on a Day to Day basis
- Understands the business stakeholders that are involved in the decision making process and what is key for them when deciding on a security solution
- Helps influence sales strategy and determine viability of an opportunity and help map out political structure
- Has sector based knowledge that could be leveraged to help drive our story telling and produce anecdotes that could be leveraged during the sales cycle
- Provides ideas on a quarterly basis ways to help generate pipeline and is proactive in their region on a quarter by quarter basis
- Understands how to apply those principals as they engage with prospects
- Can tell a compelling story when presenting (slides) or demoing a solution
- Shows leadership within their role via mentoring, creating content that can be leveraged by the primary specialist team as well as the regional SA teams.
- Demonstrations to both small and large audiences
- Experience with responding to RFI and RFP’s for technical solutions
- Participate in trade shows and conferences
- Manage successful remote and onsite product evaluations
- Work hand in hand with partner/channel and/or internal channel/partner teams
- Excellent written, and interpersonal skills and
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment, must be able to multitask and keep up with the pace of a start-up
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time
- Experience in working in a remote office and/or multiple customer locations
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics or another technical field is a plus
- Leading Security Certification preferred including CISSP, CEH, or GIAC related certifications a plus
- Currently hold a Top-Secret clearance a plus, but at least be able to submit for a clearance (Federal Role).
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.