Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic Cloud is needed in all major cloud providers, and across as many regions as we can support. You will be part of the team that maintains and expands our SaaS products into new cloud providers and regions to continue growing our footprint across the globe. The Cloud Infrastructure team is also responsible for introducing new applications, such as Elastic APM, AppSearch & the many new products we’ll introduce in the future into the Elastic Cloud ecosystem.
You will help automate and deliver the cloud infrastructure for the future of our business and the platform that powers it!
- Participating in limited on-call schedules
- Extending and improving our Infrastructure as Code framework using technologies like Terraform
- Achieving personal, team and business goals related to regional builds including focused delivery dates, inter-team handoffs, and completion of assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Contributing to our automation tooling
- Be adaptable to various frameworks and languages
You don't need to have all of these items, but these represent the types of work you will do at Elastic Cloud
- Sysadmin background with professional skills in Linux
- Experienced with distributed systems at scale
- You have experience using a public Cloud, like AWS, GCP, Azure, SoftLayer
- Extensive experience with Terraform
- Experience with Ansible or similar technologies
- Deep experience working with containers and understand their value, limitations and troubleshooting aspects
- You have worked with infrastructure which operates Cloud Native applications
Key Skills and Attributes
- Linux system administration
- Using scripting and configuration management tools to reduce manual operations tasks
- Using terraform to create and control infrastructure in cloud providers
- Able to perform in distributed global teams with the communication it requires
- Love for a diverse environment
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.