Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
We are seeking a forward-thinking, technically savvy writer who can help our users understand how to implement their use cases on Elastic Cloud.
Does this sound like your jam? Check out our docs, tinker with the Elastic stuff that interests you, and show us your writing chops! Tell us why you're interested and what you can bring to the role. Upload relevant writing samples, provide links to your portfolio or GitHub contributions, or point us to other publicly available content you have crafted.
What you will be doing:
- Work side-by-side with Elastic engineers, product managers, support, and writers to coordinate the documentation of new features, improve our existing content, and help users succeed with Elastic products
- Follow Elastic's git-based software development process. Be comfortable with git and GitHub
- Review and edit documentation changes contributed by other Elasticians and our open source communities
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Collaborate with other content creators at Elastic to help tell a consistent story for our users
What you bring along:
- 5+ years experience in a SaaS or software development environment writing customer-facing documentation. You understand the craft of technical writing, how it differs from other types of writing, and you have a great portfolio you can show us
- An excellent understanding of the documentation lifecycle, from pre-release through ongoing maintenance
- Happy working from the command line and able to write basic scripts and examples; comfortable reading code
- You know how to write for other human beings while paying close attention to grammar and style.
- General knowledge of cloud providers, virtual infrastructure, and containerization. Experience with a specific SaaS environment, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience authoring content in a lightweight markup language such as Markdown or Asciidoc
- Located in EMEA or APAC
- Familiar with modern web development and technologies used to build applications
- Familiar with one or more of: UX writing, RESTful APIs, security frameworks and compliance requirements; networking, or solutions-centric products
- Familiar with basic image editing software, such as Snagit or Sketch
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.