Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have a real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We are looking for a Senior Risk Analyst to join our team in Information Security (InfoSec). The InfoSec team leads the strategy, policy, and programs for information security company-wide. Our responsibilities include risk management, implementing a holistic security program, driving compliance initiatives, recommending and implementing security controls, preventing and detecting security threats, and handling incident response. We do all of this in a globally distributed company, thinking differently about how to best achieve critical information security objectives.
- Are you passionate about helping an organization establish and maintain a risk-based approach to achieve strong security posture?
- Do you want to be in a role that significantly supports the overall success of the team and company?
This could be your dream job, and we'd love to meet you!
What you will be doing:
- Helping build Elastic’s quantified risk management program; we are taking a very non-traditional approach by using actual numbers and our own ELK stack. Ideally, you have a background in statistics, math, or another quantitative field with some level of technical acumen.
- Conducting risk assessments to support a variety of different processes such as vendors, control non-conformance, and top risks, through an approach that is relevant and aligned with how we operate as an organization
- Striving for continuous improvement - continuously learning and challenging ourselves every day
What you've done:
- Background in statistics, math, or another quantitative field; Python scripting skills are highly preferred
- Built a career of meaningful work experience across engineering and IT organizations
- Led and owned initiatives that crossed teams or departments
- Knowledge of risk assessments for a global organization; FAIR experience would be a bonus
- Educated all levels of an organization in an approachable manner and tailored your message to fit your audience
- Experience with our ELK stack would be a bonus
- Experience with Github and version control would be a bonus
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP or CRISC would be a bonus
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.