Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated VP, Field Finance to join our Finance team. This manager will be the lead business partner to the President of Worldwide Field Operations. The Leader will work with Field Sales and Sales Operations daily and collaborate cross-functionally with Corporate and BU Finance teams. Being successful in this role requires a large degree of software commercial deal experience, analytical thought leadership, excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to synthesize complex data and solve problems.
What you will be doing:
- Lead all commercial finance functions for the Field, including Deal Desk, Sales Compensation and Field FP&A
- Advise field on large, complex deal negotiations, provide leadership and guidance for Deal Desk function, handle deal approvals in partnership with Field Operations leadership and Finance leadership teams.
- Business Partnering: Primary Finance partner to President of WW Field Operations and the field leadership team. Develop an understanding of Elastic’s GTM model and translate that into operational and financial information in partnership with the Sales Operations team. Help develop various metrics to monitor the health of the business on a regular basis.
- Lead Sales FP&A team with responsibility for overall Sales financial metrics, including managing budgets and sales investments. Partner with Field Operations leadership team on annual planning, quarterly forecasting and routine financial reporting on sales performance.
- Sales Compensation. Develop a detailed understanding of sales compensation structure and the impact of these programs on the overall budget. Provide mentorship and leadership to the Sales Commissions team. Review and approve monthly commission payouts. Drive overall Sales Compensation strategy decisions with Field leadership.
- Lead Projects to drive efficiency and process improvement. Identify, design and lead projects intended to build efficiencies, standardize business practices, drive process improvements and deliver high impact analysis for decision making. Collaborate with other parts of Elastic as needed
- Team Leadership. Lead a distributed team, inspire changes and help resolve priorities. Continuously develop and coach directors, managers and individual contributors.
What you will bring:
- Deep experience in Sales Finance required, including in negotiating and approving commercial deal structures
- Dual experience in SaaS and on-premise models strongly preferred
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Takes charge of sophisticated issues and develop new ways of approaching business challenges independently and proactively
- 15+ years of finance experience
- Strong leadership skills with experience in growing and leading a high-performing team of finance professionals
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.