Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
We are looking to add a passionate Tech Lead to our Language Clients team within Elasticsearch engineering. You will be joining a passionate and globally distributed team of senior software engineers as their Lead. Our primary responsibility is to make sure that folks who use our official language clients enjoy a best-in-class developer experience when integrating with any part of the Elastic Stack.
What you will be doing
- Oversee all of our official language clients and help drive them forward
- Coordinate the technical components of our team projects
- Help maintain and develop best practices for language client development
- Keep up-to-date with advancements in e.g. Elasticsearch and how it will affect the language clients
- Participate in Stack wide discussions as the voice for the team across Elastic
- Build-out our continuous integration tests and tooling
- Contribute to language clients as appropriate
- Drive community engagement and adoption
What you bring along
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience; strong OOP skills and knowledge of RESTful APIs overall
- Held a tech or team leadership role before
- Have owned large, cross-functional projects and been a main point of contact or SME for your team
- Ready to be part of a high-performing and distributed team; self-motivated with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Happy to get involved with our community; not afraid to reach out and be reached out to
- Experience with the Elastic Stack is a plus
- Open Source project contribution experience is preferred
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.