Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
The Observability team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. Elasticsearch is an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. The Observability team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM, Infrastructure Monitoring, Logging, and Synthetic Monitoring solutions. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, how do we store it efficiently in Elasticsearch, how do we present this information to the user, how do we correlate and enhance across data sources, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
As a Product Manager responsible for Actionable Observability, you'll be responsible for taking the Elastic Observability solution to the next level, from directly impacting the roadmap to the go-to-market strategy. If you're passionate about helping SREs, DevOps Engineers, and Developers be more productive, effective, and happy in their day to day goals, this role is for you!
What you will be working on
- Define product vision and go-to-market strategy for Actionable Observability / AI Ops
- Bootstrap this new area working side-by-side with rapidly growing team, leading phased execution and new capability introduction
- Work with a team of UX researchers and Designers to create a compelling user experience for SREs and DevOps engineers that leverages the latest innovations in machine learning, anomaly detection, correlation to make observability actionable
- Drive roadmap priorities by working with customers, internal teams, and the community
- Work with engineers and designers to scope and define compelling features
- Develop differentiated messaging around making Elastic Observability more actionable, through powerful alerting, application of machine learning techniques, and correlation of alerts into actionable incidents.
- Define and track KPIs focused on product and new capability adoption
- Enable sales, marketing, and partners to speak effectively to the AI Ops use case
- Be the public spokesperson for Elastic AI Ops at internal and external events
What you bring along
- 5+ years in product management with specific focus on monitoring and observability, especially in real-world settings (real-world SRE & DevOps experience, a plus)
- Passion for making lives of SREs and DevOps engineers better through compelling products and user experiences that work in the real world at scale
- Deep expertise in the observability, incident management, and AI Ops products and leading vendors, both from a technical and strategic standpoint
- Experience scoping and defining requirements for full-stack products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world
- Familiarity with the Elastic Stack is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience in development, DevOps, solutions architecture, or pre-sales engineering
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.