Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic Cloud is a fully managed service for the Elastic Stack, Security, Observability, and Enterprise Search solutions, and we’re looking for a technical leader to join our SaaS team.
The Cloud team is responsible for developing Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE), an orchestration platform that is specialized for managing Elastic products. It’s the equivalent of Kubernetes for Elastic software. ECE software powers our own managed service, Elastic Cloud, and is also shipped as on-premise product for customers who choose to manage Elastic products on their own.
The SaaS team is a sub-team in Cloud responsible for building the parts of ECE that are specific to powering Elastic’s SaaS offerings. We operate across all top 3 public cloud providers, in dozens of regions across the world, hosting mission critical workloads for customers in every industry. Our team develops capabilities like usage-based metering, billing, internal analytics, marketplace integrations with AWS, Azure and GCP, Cloud Portal, marketing integrations, and onboarding experience. Some parts of this software may also ship in ECE to customers (such as usage metering and showbacks).
In this role, you will be expected to guide technical project design across several sub teams. Coordinate efforts by working closely with your peers - team leads, tech leads, and product leads. This role will be in direct line of sight to our leadership and you will have a task in communicating progress and status to your team. Your contributions will be strategic to Elastic - for example, you will play a role in designing flexible consumption based billing models, improving our trial conversion rates, improving upgrades to higher subscription tiers, and ensuring we can provide metrics about our service to key partners.
What You Bring Along:
- In-Depth knowledge developing and leading software development for SaaS/PaaS products for 10-12 years.
- A strong customer focus for building products that are simple and intuitive to use
- Experience developing easy to use APIs for internal and external consumption
- Experience working with any of the major Cloud providers - Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Experience delivering high quality code, preferably in Python, Java or Go
- You can provide pragmatic technical leadership for a group of engineers
- You are able to reason about complex software architectures, understanding the trade-offs, and the dynamics between its components. Ability to discuss topics at a high level and zoom in on the details when needed.
- You care deeply about the design and quality of the features your team will ship
- Lead by example - you can code when needed, review PRs and stay close to the team’s work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
What Would B A Great Addition:
- User of Elasticsearch - understand data modeling, aggregations and querying capabilities
- Experience integrating applications with AWS, GCP or Azure Marketplace solutions
- Experience in user identity management and SSO
- Partnering with functions outside of Engineering such as IT, Marketing and Finance Operations teams
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.