Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
We seek a new member for our Cloud Reliability team, whose goal is a more reliable and resilient Elastic Cloud. We take an engineering approach to solving operational problems, and utilise data to focus attention on issues of significance. We draw upon our operational experience to shorten feedback loops, connect all teams to production, and promote a culture of operational excellence. We enable future growth of Elastic Cloud.
Who you are:
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, and are able to build strong relationships across a dynamic, growing team
- You have a background in software engineering, and can confidently collaborate with engineers to identify and resolve issues
- You have a holistic view of and true appreciation for reliability, borne of real-world experience operating production services
What you’ll do:
In this role you will:
- Lead initiatives aimed at improving the reliability of Elastic Cloud, through prevention, detection, and timely mitigation of issues
- Contribute to a culture of mutual respect, collaboration, and operational excellence
- Contribute to auto-remediation and system engineering efforts, freeing yourself and others from day-to-day toil
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation, using a follow-the-sun model
What you’ve done:
You don't need to have all of these items, but these represent the types of work you will do at Elastic Cloud
- Designed and implemented applications which leverage the Elastic Stack
- Operated a SaaS product in a public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, or SoftLayer preferred)
- Diagnosed and resolved issues with the Elastic Stack
- Actively contributed in a self-organising and collaborative team environment
- Mentored, coached, and grown team members to bring out the best in them
- Automated orchestration tasks at scale (we commonly use Python, Go, and Shell scripting)
- Used metrics systems (e.g. Elastic Stack, Graphite, Prometheus, Influx) effectively to diagnose issues and quantify impacts
- Worked with containerised services
For this position we can only accept applicants currently in: Australia, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong or New Zealand
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.