Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
About the team
The Elastic Cloud Delivery teams primary focus is to enable Elastic Cloud developers to be productive and efficient, ensure the stability of build and continuous integration environments, develop testing infrastructure for Elastic Cloud developers and Elastic product teams, tooling and automation in support of Elastic Cloud development, quality assurance, developer workflows and produce healthy code.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to design and implement engineer tooling and systems to deliver the Elastic Cloud product for the SaaS and on premise solution. We want to release software frequently, boring releases is the mantra for this group. You will contribute to the Cloud product by building next generation development environments, helping maintain our existing packaging of the product and continue to improve developer workflows. This role requires coordination across several engineering teams within Elastic.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Contribute to a wide array of developer tooling such as build systems, code review systems and development environments.
- Improve the daily workflow of engineers.
- Contribute improvements to critical large scale software engineering problems presented by working on a mono repo codebase.
- Optimize compile times for developers.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in a joint effort to improve the development of Elastic Cloud product.
- Establish effective project communication plans and ensure their execution.
- Participate in code reviews for your team and other teams.
What You Bring Along:
- Proven track record delivering high quality code, preferably in Java and/or Go programming languages.
- Previous experience with Gradle build tool and Jenkins CI.
- Previous experience with Cloud providers AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Experience with Terraform and Team City a plus.
- Strive for speed and quality in development.
- Desire to automate.
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
- Model of software engineering standard methodologies, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Have a strong desire for learning and growth.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Felix Wittern, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case