About Redwood Materials
Cathode Technology Engineer
Redwood Materials is currently recruiting Cathode Technology Engineer to join our Cathode Materials team to develop the next generation of cathode active materials (CAM). These roles are at the center of our activities focused on creating a sustainable circular economy for lithium-ion batteries by transforming recycled materials into cathode materials for new lithium-ion battery production.
As a Cathode Technology Engineer, you will play a leading role in the development of new processes for scaling-up and manufacturing cathode active materials including identifying or developing production technologies. These technologies are key for scaling cost-effective process that meet the high quality needs of CAM.
These roles are based in our new Centre of Excellence in Sparks, NV that includes state-of-the-art analytical and electrochemical capabilities, and pilot plant facilities to produce cathode active materials. As a member of the Redwood Materials team, you will be at the center of a rapidly growing company driving to become the world’s largest and most sustainable producer of materials for lithium-ion batteries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide engineering expertise to identify, develop and implement production technologies for the scale-up and production of cathode active materials from recycled materials.
- Develop a technology roadmap to support our business strategy and customer needs. Define and lead technology projects.
- Develop a network of equipment vendors that we can leverage for development and to support future capital investment.
- Creating intellectual property (IP) and working with the legal team to write and file patent applications.
- Providing technical expertise to the commercial and business development teams and wider Redwood Materials senior management and stakeholders.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a material science or engineering discipline.
- Industrial experience in relevant areas such as process scale-up, process engineering and technology management.
- Technical expertise in inorganic materials processes including solids handling, calcination, washing, drying, filtering and milling.
- Recognized as a technology leader and expert in inorganic materials processing.
- Ability to manage and prioritize activities in a fast-changing environment.
- Track record of building trust within internal teams and with external customers.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.