About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials is seeking a seasoned Planner/Scheduler with relevant construction experience to support the buildout of Redwood Materials global facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for planning and scheduling projects in various design stages, as well as tracking and reporting progress during execution.
The Project Controls team primary objective is to support the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) group in the design, planning, and execution of company infrastructure by providing management with critical, decision-making information that ensures projects deliver on time and on budget. The Team does this by closely collaborating with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to 1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule; 2) establish reasonable baselines; 3) identify and manage risk; and 4) track, monitor, and report project performance. The Team can then make valuable recommendations that drive project performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning: Lead site infrastructure planning efforts including the breakdown of various projects such as site work, building, utilities, and tooling, into manageable planning and scheduling packages. Work with product, program, design, and construction managers to define and plan the work, manage internal and external (third-party firms) planning resources, and track and report progress. Monitor facility progress and turnover dates against key production milestones.
- Basis of Schedule: Develop and manage a comprehensive Basis of Schedule (BOS) document throughout the planning and scheduling lifecycle noting the scope, execution strategy, key assumptions, exclusions, risks, and other critical information.
- Conceptual and Detailed Planning: Lead the schedule development lifecycle from conceptual project planning through detailed, execution scheduling. Conduct periodic planning meetings to align the plan with the execution strategy. Work closely with key stakeholders including engineering, procurement, estimating, and construction management to properly sequence the work, assess durations, and enhance the overall quality and accuracy of the plan.
- Scheduling: Utilize Oracle Primavera P6 to schedule projects in accordance with both company and professional quality standards. Resource load schedules, level, and confirm reasonableness of contractor durations and ramp plans. Ensure schedule has complete scope coverage, identify potential scope growth, and ensure allowances and contingencies are appropriately used. Utilize industry benchmarks and internal historical durations to validate the quality of the overall schedule.
- Risk Assessment: Work with key stakeholders to identify schedule risks and lead the schedule contingency development process.
- Quality Reviews: Perform quality reviews over work prepared and submitted by others to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- System and Process Development: Support the continued development of scheduling system (EPS and tables), its ongoing administration, processes, and templates. Develop scheduling metrics, and benchmarks that allow for the standardization of durations used by various stakeholders for planning in early design stages.
- Performance Tracking: Track and summarize schedule performance with other project controls functions and the finance teams.
- Studies: Lead ad-hoc schedule studies that enable rapid decision-making based on tradeoffs between alternatives.
- Other work as needed in support of successful project delivery.
- 5+ years of experience in construction planning and scheduling, preferably in industrial and/or high-tech industries.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction means and methods in the civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines.
- Comprehensive understanding of planning and CPM scheduling processes and procedures for multi-billion-dollar facilities.
- Ability to lead planning and progressing meetings with a variety functions, disciplines, and trades.
- Software systems and packages including Aconex, Oracle Unifer, Bluebeam, CAD, and other construction packages.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft PowerPoint.
- 5+ years of advanced Oracle Primavera P6 experience.
- Ability to direct and manage both internal and external scheduling resources.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to plan and create schedules from scratch, including WBS setup, calendar creation, activity coding, etc.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in cross-functional environment with the ability to adapt to frequent and often significant changes.
- Open-minded, collaborative, and team-oriented attitude.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.