About Redwood Materials
Electrical Design Engineer
Redwood Materials is currently recruiting motivated and accomplished Electrical Engineers to join our Infrastructure Development team. These roles are at the center of our activities focused on creating a sustainable circular economy for lithium-ion batteries by transforming recycled materials into battery materials for new lithium-ion battery production.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as Electrical Engineer of Record on projects (Hazardous occupancy, clean and dry spaces, chemical process / industrial plants, office, warehouse) and responsible for electrical deliverables (specifications, calculations, permit / construction documents).
- Design ownership for a wide range of electrical systems including, but not limited to: 35 kV medium voltage feed to the buildings, low voltage (up to 600V) power distribution, one-line diagrams lighting, lighting control, electrical circuits, raceway, grounding, data and communications.
- Perform short-circuit study and arc flash calculations using SKM to determine kAIC and circuit breaker coordination values.
- Design cable tray systems and conduits for raceway routing and perform cable tray fill calculations per NEC requirements.
- Perform photometric studies using lighting design software.
- Review conceptual designs from manufacturing Engineers and other stakeholders to identify technical and financial risks.
- Responsible for designing/reviewing electrical engineering deliverables with respect to code compliance and ensuring design maintains the highest level of quality.
- Develop and improve project workflows and standards to ensure each design is consistently excellent.
- Participate in on-field construction and commissioning activities by serving as the point of contact for technical questions and real-time issue resolution.
- Multi-discipline collaboration on the development of equipment general arrangements, one-line diagrams, tie-in lists and material takeoffs.
- Prepare RFP for outsourced design.
- Technical bid evaluation.
- Review vendor proposals and project specific vendor drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Licensed Professional Engineer with NCEES record with ability to apply for Nevada and South Carolina.
- 7+ years of experience in heavy commercial and the industrial sector.
- Proficiency in preparing and completing electrical deliverables using REVIT MEP and using Navisworks to create clash-free design.
- Proficiency in using Bluebeam to review, add markups, and create sessions.
- Proficiency in using SKM to perform short-circuit, arc flash, and circuit breaker coordination study.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), NFPA standards, and other relevant standards to create electrical deliverables compliant with code requirements.
- Ability to prepare electrical specifications for electrical systems.
- Proficiency in reviewing electrical submittals and responding to field construction changes (RFIs).
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface at an executive level.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.