About Redwood Materials
Construction Quality Control/Assurance Specialist
Redwood Materials is currently seeking a Construction Quality Control/Assurance Specialist to join our Engineering, Procurement, & Construction (EPC) team. These EPC roles are at the center of our activities focused on creating a sustainable circular economy for lithium-ion batteries by transforming recycled materials into battery materials for new lithium-ion battery production.
The Quality Control/Assurance (QC/QA) Specialist will work closely with members of the project management, infrastructure engineering, project controls and procurement departments from installation through start of production. The QC/QA Specialist will document and manage quality of all construction scopes for a project. Specifically, these tasks include coordination with trade subcontractors, vendor tool installations, resolving day to day quality issues, performing day to day inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications while tracking project schedule and budget. This role will work directly with a Site Superintendent and Construction Manager. In many cases it will also be in tandem with a Construction Engineers, Subcontractors, and other project superintendents.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifies risks at the project site and identifying discrepancies during daily site walks. Documents findings, evaluations and inspections using Company prescribed procedures and software.
- Assists with protocols, qualifications, and prescribed validation procedures and documentation.
- Performs system verifications on completed systems to assure correct installation per contract design specifications.
- Documents, analyzes and reports environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Supports impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the organization’s environmental risks and financial costs, at the direction of the environmental team and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Bachelor’s degree or Engineering Technologist Diploma preferred.
- 3+ year related experience preferred.
- ACI or equivalent certification required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Experience or training in construction industry compliance preferred.
- Proven subject matter expert in testing, inspection processes and construction procedures.
- Leadership and mentoring ability and ownership.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow in inspection, monitoring, technical writing and documentation.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.