About Redwood Materials
Senior Manager, Environmental Programs and Compliance
Redwood Materials is seeking a Senior Manager of Environmental Programs and Compliance. In this role, you will work closely with Operations, Maintenance, Production, Engineering, and construction teams to build out Redwood’s environmental programs and establish compliance activities. The primary focus of this role will be to develop, implement, and administrate all applicable environmental policies and programs, establish compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental regulations and act as liaison with external regulatory agencies. This role will provide technical leadership and support to Redwood leadership and all Nevada locations. You will also be responsible for building, developing, and managing an internal team of environmental engineers and technicians.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define strategy, manage, and act as subject matter expert (SME) for environmental and sustainability programs, permits, and reporting in program areas including but not limited to: Air Permitting and Compliance, Water Permitting and Compliance, Hazardous Waste and Solid Waste Management, Recycling, Spill Prevention, Stormwater Control, ISO 14001, TSCA and associated reporting obligations for multiple facilities across the Reno metro area.
- Identify risks for all aspects and environmental tasks throughout the facility and develop a plan to mitigate environmental risks.
- Develop, implement, manage, and/or ensure compliance for environmental compliance programs; focused on managing and improving processes including but not limited to minimizing waste, energy, and water usage.
- In collaboration with management, assist in developing and implementing site policies concerning environmental issues.
- Monitor and direct the facility regarding existing and new permits related to operations and
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to the EHS team and Safety Committee
- Act as a contact for federal and state environmental regulatory agencies for inspections, permitting, and reporting.
- Implement and maintain solid and hazardous waste
- B.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering or related fields required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related management of environmental regulations and environmental law.
- Knowledge and experience with developing programs in accordance with Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, RCRA, SPCC, EPCRA, ISO 14001, Solid and Hazardous Waste Management.
- Experience with environmental permitting.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Demonstrated history of environmental activities related to manufacturing and chemical plant operations.
- Ability to lead and influence departmental leadership and management.
- Detail Oriented.
- Project experience designing comprehensive waste management plans.
- Able to operate independently while creating and managing programs that ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate policies.
- Understands challenges and thrives in an agile startup environment.
- Self-motivated, hands-on mindset, with a willingness to contribute at all levels.
- Evidence of exceptional performance in previous roles.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.