About Redwood Materials
Lead Analytical Laboratory Technician
As a Lead Analytical Laboratory Technician at Redwood, you will have the opportunity to make the world a better place by assisting in a wide variety of analytical / metallurgical processes across the Company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with shift supervisors, you will be asked to help lead and perform routine chemical, physical and/or metallurgical analytical tasks at the assigned site.
- Collect samples which could include collection from processes or trucks in some location.
- Prepare samples for analysis using established methods and techniques.
- Assist with / perform routine chemical, physical and/or metallurgical analysis and reporting.
- Maintain and operate laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Perform other duties as required, including lab organization, inventory, safety audits, and special projects.
- Has desirable leadership qualities and the ability to work collaboratively with lab management to ensure laboratory prerogatives and schedules are being met.
- Efficient training abilities.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of math, chemistry and/or computer skills appropriate to the assignment.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to follow detailed, technical instructions.
- Possess an A.S. or B.S. degree in a related field.
- Have direct or indirect leadership experience.
- Have experience or familiarity with instrumentation and techniques including sample preparation, ICP-OES, titrations, acid digestions, material property testing. (such as tensile testing), quantitative filtrations, and/or similar laboratory techniques.
- Be proficient with chemical handling and have direct working knowledge of laboratories.
- Demonstrate organization and documentation skills.
- Using MS Office, including Excel spreadsheets and Word documentation.
- Allow for flexibility in their work schedule.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
Sunday - Tuesday and every other Wednesday, 6am to 6pm
Sunday - Tuesday and every other Wednesday, 6pm to 6am [This shift includes a 10% shift differential]
Thursday - Saturday and every other Wednesday, 6am to 6pm
Thursday - Saturday and every other Wednesday, 6pm to 6am [This shift includes a 15% shift differential]
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.