About Redwood Materials
Senior Analytical Chemist
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Analytical Chemist to join our team in a leading role, focusing on copper foil method development. As a Senior Analytical Chemist, the responsibility will be to perform advanced analytical testing and develop innovative methodologies to evaluate critical aspects of the copper foil electrodeposition process. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring consistent production and adherence to rigorous quality standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing new quantitative characterization techniques.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative HPLC, SEC, and LC-MS/MS based analysis of small molecules and polymeric additives for copper electroplating.
- Experience with automation in sample preparation and data reporting.
- Writing and reviewing reports to support research and development.
- Rapidly adjusting to changing priorities in a strong collaborative team environment.
- Writing, reviewing, and revising departmental methods and procedures leading to the establishment of method and equipment quality controls based on potential failure points determined during method development.
- Maintaining laboratory and managing instrumentation maintenance. Implementing method improvements over time based on learnings from routine analysis, best practices, test failures, and customer requests.
- Promoting safety in the laboratory.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Masters (MS) or PhD in Chemistry or related scientific field with 2+ years analytical liquid chromatography method development experience.
- At least 2-5 years of experience with analytical liquid chromatography.
- Proficient in LC-MS/MS, HPLC and liquid handling systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot instruments and methods in an organized and well documented manner.
- Ability to optimize conditions for quantitation and chromatographic separation of analyte from other detectable components.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) principles.
- Strong drive to make impactful contribution towards the success of research and product development program.
- 4+ years in a laboratory environment desired.
- Demonstrated ability to develop test methods utilizing multiple pieces of instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure while pushing projects to completion with strict timelines.
- Experience with method development, validation, and transfer in a quality environment.
- Experience with a wide range of instrumentation software, Microsoft Office Suite, Minitab, JMP, and other statistical software.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.