About Redwood Materials
About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials was founded in 2017 to create a circular supply chain for electric vehicles and clean energy products, making them more sustainable and driving down the cost for batteries. We’re doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of recycled and sustainable materials in the global battery supply chain.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Global Payroll to join our growing team. We're looking for a leader to oversee multi-state payroll operations and work cross functionally with HR, Accounting and Treasury to create scalable processes and a control environment consistent with a publicly traded company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the accuracy of Global payroll and Benefits.
- Driving and initiating procedures, policies and controls to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Working cross-functionally with HR, Accounting and Treasury and other functional areas to build process.
- Lead and assist with implementation of new Software Support, including HRIS, Payroll solutions, Candidate Reimbursements and Employee T&E reimbursements.
- Manage 3rd party service providers in foreign countries. Review for accuracy and assist with analysis to bring in house or outsource.
- Manage taxation related Stock Options and Stock sales. Manage overall Stock Administration if experience/desire is a match.
- Close partnering with HR to ensure accuracy of New hires, Terms, Comp changes, Benefit changes, etc...
- Support month-end close through the preparation of payroll-related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Assist with the external audit process and payroll processing, as needed.
- Passion for excellence, quality and attention to detail. Proactive self-starter.
- Direct experience managing multi-state payroll in a public company of 1000+ employees or a large private company with advanced internal control environment.
- Deep understanding of hourly and non-exempt payroll complexities, including timecards, shift differentials, overtime, leaves, Davis Bacon act, etc...
- Must have experience building processes, procedures and controls. And working and influencing cross-functionally to ensure alignment and operational execution.
- Ability to think strategically. We are a fast growing start-up with limited resources, so must be able to ruthlessly prioritize the necessary vs. nice to have.
- 10 years of relevant and progressive payroll experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, and/or Accounting or equivalent professional experience preferred.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.