About Redwood Materials
Senior FP&A Analyst
We are seeking a Senior FP&A Analyst to join our growing team. We’re looking for a strategic business partner within the finance team to drive financial and strategic planning, business modeling, and management reporting activities to support Redwood in achieving long-term profitability and growth. This role requires an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment, can support and lead new processes, synthesize data into meaningful insights while highlighting any potential risks or opportunities, and provide recommendations grounded in analysis that will support business leaders in making complex decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Inform improvement by analyzing financial and operational processes and performance (including revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures-- both total and unit economics, by product and business division) and driving efficiencies.
- Drive the continued development of budgeting, operating plan, financial forecasting, and modeling tools. Work with each department lead to develop budgets. Track actuals to budget and provide overview and analysis to inform any necessary changes in the business or forecast. Develop project level budgets and track capex deployment against them.
- Financial reporting. Create management dashboards and reporting and coordinate functional updates from required team leads to communicate performance and trends (monthly and quarterly). Lead effort to automate reporting.
- Develop new approaches for improving operations, growth, scalability, and profitability.
- Define and track key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Assist on ad hoc projects; provide accurate and timely financial in-depth analysis and key business insights and recommendations on high-impact strategic and financial decisions including growth strategies, product pricing, and organizational processes, practices, and systems.
- Prepare presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- 3 to 5 years' increasingly complex experience in financial planning and analysis, particularly in a corporate FP&A role.
- Experience in manufacturing.
- Ability to develop frameworks and solutions to high-level questions and concepts.
- Naturally proactive, intellectually curious, and a creative thinker; strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel with experience in building financial models.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, influence, and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to work in an environment where priorities can change quickly; strong ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, engineering, or related field (Master’s preferred).
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; highly organized.
- Experience with financial forecasting software is a plus.
- Comfortable rolling-up sleeves and work with team members hands-on.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.