Red Spark is a fast-growing digital advertising technology company, recently named by Philadelphia Business Journal as one of Best Places to Work in the Greater Philadelphia area in 2018.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who thrives on the challenge of building scalable software in a high-volume, big data world. If you're a polyglot and can parachute (safely) into any project, join Red Spark in delivering intelligent advertising experiences to millions of consumers around the globe!
What You’ll Do:
- Master the overall platform architecture, and not just specific product areas.
- Act as a “commando team” to assist the other engineers who are constantly moving forward on feature requests.
- Lead the adoption of the latest technologies for scaling our data-driven platforms.
- Deploy and monitor AWS infrastructure.
- Jump in and help our product development teams engineer, improve or fix any ongoing projects.
- Architect solutions to leverage the best of cloud infrastructure.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer in a fast-paced, web-centric environment.
- Experience w/ Python, Java, and Linux or similar Unix environments.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Experience with architecting high-volume web applications, services, and infrastructure in a startup type setting.
- Knowledge of Docker (or a strong interest in learning).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Solid communication skills with both product management and engineering teams.
Where You’ll Work:
Our motto at Red Spark is, “love what you do and do what you love.” That’s the spirit you’ll feel in our office every day. Collaboration is essential to how we operate, and we’ve structured our office accordingly. A wide open, modern workspace that’s fully equipped with anything you need from technology to table tennis, our center city Philadelphia office feels even better than home. Check out our space and shots of the team on Instagram.
What You’ll Get:
Good work should never go unrewarded. In return for your hard work, we offer all full-time employees 25 days PTO from the get-go, competitive base salaries and dynamic bonus plans, health, dental and vision benefits. Additional perks include music subscriptions, gym membership, catered lunches, and an amazing culture that you’ll have to experience to believe.