Red 6's Mission
To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality flight training system in the world, and to create the most effective combat pilots on the planet.
Augmented Reality / Hardware / Integration Technology Department
The Technology team at Red 6 engineers systems to see and interpret the world. These systems synthesize and visualize a synthetic reality into a hive mind of real-world knowledge. We are engineering high performing and highly advanced augmented reality platforms and infrastructure, which support our military partners’ operations. This enables us to collaborate and train with the world’s most advanced military systems and develop our soldiers’ capabilities as the world’s most important line of defense.
As a Computer Vision Engineer at Red 6, you will be developing the next generation of augmented reality technologies. You will drive the research and development of core perception components.
- Research state-of-the art concepts and algorithms in the area of computer vision for augmented reality.
- Rapid prototyping of computer vision algorithms and approaches
- Design and develop novel computer vision and/or machine learning algorithms in areas such as: real-time scene and object tracking, reconstruction and understanding as well as, segmentation, key point estimation, depth sensing, generative approaches such as GANs, 3D stereo and volumetric reconstruction, and reconstructions.
- Develop world class code, tools, documentation, and reports suitable for direct product integration related to all things computer vision & image processing including:
- Camera calibration
- Object Recognition, Identification, and Tracking
- Feature Detection, Identification, and Analysis
- RGBD Image Processing
- SLAM, or Visual Odometry
- Collaborate with other experts on the Sensors team to prototype new technologies, algorithms, formfactors, and incubate our product roadmap
- Computer vision expert with working knowledge of photogrammetry, 3D reconstruction, SfM, SLAM or related areas.
- 3+ years of experience developing and designing Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning technologies and systems.
- 3+ years of experience engineering in C++ and/or Python
- Prototyping and engineering experience in at least ONE relevant specialization area in either Computer Vision or Machine Learning: SLAM State Estimation Sensor Fusion Generative models such as GANs Pose estimation: Body, Facial, Hand or Eye Tracking Dense 3D reconstruction Object detection, segmentation and tracking Scene understanding/ Semantic Segmentation Photorealistic rendering Factory, HW, Camera or Online Calibration.
- Experience with collecting 2D / 3D data in the field and designing ground truth benchmarks.
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred / Additional Skills
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field.
- 2+ years of industry experience working on projects such as: real-time SLAM and 3D reconstruction, sensor fusion and active depth sensing, object and body tracking and pose estimation, and/or image processing. Image and/or semantic segmentation, 2D and 3D key point estimation and surface reconstruction, depth estimation, generative methods such as GANs, or photorealistic rendering.
- Developing and designing Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning technologies and systems for running on edge devices (mobile phones, and/or custom hardware)
- Background in machine learning with experience in large scale training and evaluation of deep convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks and/or GANs.
- Publication track record at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ISMAR, ICML, etc.
- Experience in developing end-to-end algorithm solutions for gaze tracking is advantageous as wells as experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Reflective and refractive optic surface metrology and ray tracing
- Accurate human eye appearance and structure modeling, pose estimation and tracking Latent kinematic model estimation
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.