Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Broomfield, Colorado / Full-Time
Red’s 6 Mission
To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality flight training system in the world, and to create the most effective combat pilots on the planet.
Augmented Reality / Hardware / Military Integration Technology Department
The Military Hardware Engineering team at Red 6 engineering systems to see and interpret the world. These systems synthesize and visualize a synthetic reality into a hive mind of real-world knowledge. We are engineering high performing and highly advanced augmented reality platforms and infrastructure, which support our military partners’ operations. This enables us to collaborate and train with the world’s most advanced military systems and develop our soldiers’ capabilities as the world’s most important line of defense.
- Responsible for architecting, designing, developing, modifying, evaluating, and integrating embedded software for complex, high performance electronic hardware systems.
- Determines design approaches and parameters.
- Analyzes embedded software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Develops software for embedded devices from microcontrollers to SoC’s
- Analyzes designs and gauges resource usage to direct part selection and produce power estimates
- Interfaces with electrical hardware engineers and firmware engineers to complete complex designs
- Works with system architects to divide system into configurable, manageable, and optimized software functions
- Participates in design testing in the lab using prototype hardware
- May develop, design, and assess the methodologies and performance of specialized algorithms for radar, communications, sonar, geophysical, and other sensor processing applications.
- Creates documentation of designs test plans
- Must be able to commute or move to Broomfield, Colorado. On-site work required. (Relocation negotiable)
- Other duties as described.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or directly related field
- 8+ years of prior relevant experience
- Expert at writing embedded software (C and C++) for embedded devices
- Experience with command and control from PC (Python, ethernet protocols) to embedded hardware is a plus
- Experience with AMD Xilinx SoC’s and ARM architectures
- Experience with Petalinux and interfacing embedded software to programmable logic is a plus
- Hands-on PCB, development board, and hardware testing is a plus
- Familiarity with standard lab equipment – oscilloscopes, power supplies, spectrum analyzers.
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations. This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.