PCB Board Layout Specialist at Red 6
Broomfield, Colorado / Full-Time
Red’s 6 Mission
To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality flight training system in the world, and to create the most effective combat pilots on the planet.
Augmented Reality / Hardware / Military Integration Technology Department
The Military Hardware Engineering team at Red 6 engineering systems to see and interpret the world. These systems synthesize and visualize a synthetic reality into a hive mind of real-world knowledge. We are engineering high performing and highly advanced augmented reality platforms and infrastructure, which support our military partners’ operations. This enables us to collaborate and train with the world’s most advanced military systems and develop our soldiers’ capabilities as the world’s most important line of defense.
- Responsible for all PCB layout tasks including parts placement, routing and drawing generation
- Management of component libraries and creation of part symbols and footprints
- Interfaces with engineers of multiple disciplines (EE, ME, Thermal, Structural) to complete complex designs
- Analyzes board and signal requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Must be able to spend a minimum of 50% time onsite in Broomfield, Colorado office. (Relocation/travel negotiable)
- Other duties as described.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field, such as electrical, computer, or electronics
- 8+ years of prior relevant experience
- Expert with PCB layout tools, Altium experience is a plus
- Knowledge in PCB design, manufacturing, and materials per industry standards (IPC)
- Component symbol and footprint creation and library management experience
- High speed board design skills including RF, digital, analog, and mixed signal circuitry
- Familiar with complex board stack-ups and via structures as well as board material properties
- Experience with high density boards with large BGA fanouts is a plus
- Experience with flex or rigid-flex designs is a plus
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations. This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.