Facility Security Officer (Physical) – Level 2
at Red 6
Red’s 6 Mission
To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality flight training system in the world, and to create the most effective combat pilots on the planet.
This position serves as the Facility Security Officer (FSO) in Santa Monica, CA for Red 6 Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Develop, administer, and audit security programs for compliance with government regulations associated with the protection of classified material and export-controlled data.
- Develop and execute security programs associated with the protection of proprietary information in compliance with corporate policies.
- Perform in individual and team roles supporting all contractual security requirements for DOD collateral classified programs.
- Work closely with U. S. Government customers to seek contract execution approvals and seek security rulings or deviations.
- Provide support in managing the quality, schedule and cost expectations associated with program development and execution, while maintaining the fundamental security requirements defined by the customer/company and program.
- Prepare implementation manuals outlining regulations, and establish procedures for handling, storing, keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitors access to classified materials.
- Develop and conduct security education classes. Familiar with CCTV and access control operations.
- Investigate security violations and prepare reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- Apply business-minded and risk-managed solutions to security issues and business challenges and communicate observations and recommendations to leadership and enterprise business partners.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on all changes to security policy and directives issued by cognizant Government Security organizations.
- Process clearances and customer visits and provide support for classified meetings. Work within DISS and NISS Government databases.
- This position requires applicants to currently possess or can obtain a Top-Secret security clearance with a background investigation performed within the last six years
- 8+ years of directly related facility security experience to include physical security experience and understanding
- Multi-facility security development and oversite
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiar with CCTV and access control operations.
- Facility Security Officer related experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience implementing the 32 CRF Part 117, New NISPOM Rule and other government security directives.
- Proven presentation skills
- Scheduling and Coordination skills
- Physical Security experience.
- Experience conducting investigations
- Experience with DISS and NISS Government databases. Working knowledge of DISS, security clearances and eligibility.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
*U.S. Citizenship is Required for this role.
- Ten or more years of related experience with a bachelor's degree OR eight or more years with a master's degree.
- Proven ability to manage competing, multiple deadlines and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little to no direct supervision and be a team player.
- Able to partner with internal and external customers and teammates.
- Be a self-starter and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to articulate and present intelligent, decisive, and risk-managed security recommendations and decisions on a daily basis is essential
Red 6 Covid Vaccination Requirement
Per Executive Order 14042 for companies doing business with the Federal Government, All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.