Red’s 6 Mission
To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality flight training system in the world, and to create the most lethal combat pilots on the planet.
Augmented Reality / Hardware / Integration Technology Department
The Hardware Technology team at Red 6 engineers systems to see and interpret the world. These systems synthesize and visualize a synthetic reality into a hive mind of real-world knowledge. We are engineering high performing and highly advanced augmented reality platforms and infrastructure, which support our military partners’ operations. This enables us to collaborate and train with the world’s most advanced military systems and develop our soldiers’ capabilities as the world’s most important line of defense.
The goal of the Research department is to fundamentally understand how the multiverse works. Embedded within the Research department is a talented team that builds the tools that allow us to conduct R&D with a unique understanding of the world’s bleeding edge technologies. These tools tackle problems from data ingestion and storage, to data visualization to advanced communications networks. In order to achieve this goal, we require a first-rate development ecosystem. As such, we’re investing in building an AR-specific engineering team.
As a UE4 Generalist at Red 6, you will take a critical role in developing next generation AR systems. You will be responsible for identifying and implementing novel solutions to cutting edge airborne-based augmented reality challenges. To achieve that mission, you will be involved in developing the game engine’s rendering codebase and implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain, as well as data ingestion and parsing. You will create stylised visual effects using particles, animation, sprites, textures, 3D models and shaders in the Unreal game engine.
- 3+ years of professional experience with high performance video game or AR/VR applications, preferably in the Unreal game engine environment
- 2+ years experience shipping user-facing features on games or other 3D interactive products
- Proficient in 2D graphics applications (for example Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP, 3DSMax/Maya, ZBrush, Topogun, Wrap3D etc...)
- Basic 3D modelling skills (Maya, 3ds Max, Blender…)
- Shaders programming skills
- Blueprints understanding
- Game engine based coding knowledge, preferably C++ for UE4
- Ability to create data driven visuals as well as control in game objects with exterior data
- Familiar with build processes, compiler toolchains and content pipelines for large games
- Comfortable writing multithreaded code and reasoning about dependency graphs
- Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, i.e memory allocators (physical and virtual), file systems, input systems, graphics APIs, etc
- Abilities/understanding in secondary areas such as skinning, animation, and lighting
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
Preferred / Additional Skills
- Strong understanding of 3D math, linear algebra, and techniques for numerical computing, modeling, simulation
- Experience with 4D data capture and handling pipelines
- Experience with procedural asset content creation, using software such as Houdini
- Experience with rigging and animation
- Knowledge of advanced photogrammetry processing software such as Agisoft, Reality Capture and MeshLab, as well as retopology pipelines
- Sensors (camera, time-of-flight), image processing
- Experience with virtual reality hardware (Rift, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.)
- Experience working on a live service or online multiplayer game
- Experience with Jira, Perforce, and Confluence or similar bug/task tracking and version control software
- Background with military or law enforcement and the ability to understand the nuances of customer use cases in those industries
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.